HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - church and hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Default RE: church and hunting

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

My "problem" with Christians today....is the belief by some of themthat the only place to worship is in Church. What is "Church"? Can it be abstract? Does it really matter what you think?

I'm with Schulty. I pick and choose my times to have my talks.....and I'd rather be in his back yard when we do so.

What troubles me about religious "conflicts" (i.e. should I hunt or go to Church?; Miss a Sunday @ Church?; etc...) is the utter hypocrisy of it all. Our son used to go to Christian School (still goes to Church, there)....and they would preach how ANY alcohol was dreadfully sinful. Ditto some music of today (including some that might surprise you). Yet these people are involved in affairs......weigh 300#'s+.......etc.. That sickens me.

Hunting is personal. A man's relationship with God is personal. I wish everyone wouldfocus their energy into tending totheir own relationships.
First time I saw this thread ......

Anyway............ Jeff you can draw up a god and make him look. act and smell anywayYOU want ....in fact you did with the above post ...... but that isn't the TRUE God ...... I wouldn't want a god like some of you guys have ....one that is whatever an individual wants him to be ....that is not a god at all ...actually, that thought process makes YOU god ..YOU are the creator ....YOU make the rules .......and by the way, that makes God fallibel, since YOU are not perfect .....no thank you!!!!

There is ONE TRUE GOD .....and He has given us a rule book ....The Holy Bible. You see, some guys on here believe in a God that is ALL powerful, ALL knowing, ALL present .... a God that could have over 40 imperfect human writers who were led by a perfect God to pen and assemble a Book that will NEVER be done away with!! It has stood the test of time and has NEVER been proven wrong. There is ONE TRUE GOD .....There is ONE WAY TO HEAVEN ....... ONE .....The Lord Jesus Christ...it's all in the Book

Some of you need to humble down and ask God if He would open your eyes to His Word, the Bible .....you need to put your trust in The Lord Jesus Christ .......or there is an eternal hell fire waiting for you that was prepared ....not for you, but for the devil and his angels .....ask God if what this Preacher says is true ...believe that He is big enough to speak to your heart .... He will.....if YOU let Him
Tony knows the Lord and there is NO DOUBT in my mind that what he speaks is true. NO DOUBT. I used to think like some of you on here. It took alow point in my life for me to swallow my pride, get down on my knees, and ask Jesus to come into my heart and take over my life this last Aug. I thought the worse thing had happened in my life, until God's grace showed me it was the best time in my life once I accepted him and turned my life over to him. He transformed my thoughts and actions. I used to not understand what people meant when they referred to born again. You are truly a new person. The old is discarded and you have become a new person, cause Jesus lives in your heart. It cahnges you immediately.