HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PROBLEMS WITH BORDERING LAND OWNER
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH BORDERING LAND OWNER

If you're hunting your land and not trespassing, then the law should be on your side. I'd talk to him first, but if you're lawfully hunting your land, and he's taking actions with the intent to interfere with your hunting, then call the DNR and find out if there is a law in Alabama prohibiting the intentional interference with lawful hunting (there is one in Iowa). If so, the next time he does this, call the DNR or sheriffs office out. Not only could they possibly fine him for interfering with your hunting, but if he's shooting from the road right-of-way (again, illegal in most states), they probably can fine or arrest him for that. I'd find out what the laws are regarding this first, then I'd have a talk with him to try to bury the hatchet. If he's not receptive, then you warn him that you'll call the law the next time he does this, then follow through if he persists. Look at the bright side, if he's in his 70's, he could die soon anyway, so if all else fails, be patient. As far as trying to get back at him as you stated, remember that if you get caught, then the law will be on HIS side.

Mike