HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ?'s about scope mounting
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 09:53 PM
jrbsr
Super Moderator

Default RE: ?'s about scope mounting

ORIGINAL: Wall_Hanger

Okay, here's my situation. Just bought a new Tikka T3 and I want to put a scope from a different rifle I own on the new rifle. The Tikka appears to have rails built in and it comes with the rings already on the rail. They feel plastic and cheap to me which doesn't surprise me at all but I'm wondering if they will do the job for atleast one year.

Also, I tried to take the scope off of my other rifle which I did not mount myself and the screws don't appear to want to come loose with an allen wrench. The wrench fits but when I examine the screw heads closely they appear to be more circular rather than the shape of an allen wrench. So the question is, what other type of wrenches could it use?

And the most important question, if I've never done this before should I even attempt putting the scope on myself or just take it somewhere and pay for it? I know the rings on my other rifle are good and I've never had any problems with them so I'd like to maybe switch them over to the new rifle if possible.

Starting to convince myself that I need to take it somewhere, but I kind of want to learn it myself. Any suggestions?
Take it to a gunsmith.
He/She will have the propper tools.
JMHO