HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - busted......
Thread: busted......
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 08:11 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default busted......

today, i found what i think is/was/should be a hot spot from here on out.......

long story short, i pulled an all day sit. 5pm 3 snorts fire out to my left....dont know if it caught me moving, or if it caught my wind(it was swirling...had estrous from a local deer farm out..good stuff..im pretty dang careful about my own scent and clothes and gear...but i know its impossible to be 1000% scent free)

but anyways.....lets ASSUME this is a trophy buck..ASSUME he seen, heard and smelled me....

what do i do?? give him a couple days and let him find a hot doe and get dumb and slip up?? i dont see it being real long...they should have been movin today, but i didnt see it....

i dont know what it was other than a deer...a lone deer, not real long after i did some pretty hard rattling, it wouldnt shock me to be a shooter buck...i dont know...spot had enough tracks in the snow to tell me that i may have messed up a good thing....but with the seeking and chasing, and in big woods, 1 deer blowing at me doesnt seem too bad when these deer can move a mile or 2 and not cut a hard road....

but what should i do? how long should i wait? etc etc....lay off the calling and scent for a good while in that area incase they associate it with danger(me)?

i need a new tree in that spot period...i got all the cover in the world....i just cant stand sitting 10ft off the ground....if i got winded, i'll blame the height as my reason lol...