HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
dbleyepatches
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Hello fellas, I haven't checked in lately. First of all congrats Dave and Fran, those are two nice bucks!

My vacation is here and I have been hunting hard. Things started out bad and have just gotten worse. The corn harvest is still slow. The corn is not dry enough and we got a 4" rain last week. The first day of my vacation I got a call and found out that the new place that I got to hunt was leased out for all hunting and trapping so now I am back to hunting our land only. With tonight I have 34 hours in the stand and have not seen a deer yet! I am not complaining, but I am getting a little frustrated.

I am going to hunt hard tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday on our land and then take a trip to hunt with a friend on Monday. He shot a decent buck last week and said that there is a small buck that he has seen with a crazy rack that I hope to see. It will not score very high but with the way this year is going, scoring lower is better than not scoring at all.

By the way, I need some more of your phone #'s to text. I only have Dan's #.