HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No More Small Bucks!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 09:43 PM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No More Small Bucks!

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

ORIGINAL: Dopler

Well, I read some of these posts, 18 pages overnight, pretty good response. Most of the responses were one liners from people who are part of the problem so I won't even dignify them with direct responses. Thiswill be my last post/visitto this thread as I'm going to have the last word here.Several of you had great responses. I guessthe X-factor that I did not consider is that some people are willing to go through life without succeedingso why should I expect that these type of people to raise the bar and their goals, to all of you, just go right on shooting the first spike buck you see.To those of you who agreed with me, congratulations, you get it, you're in the top 5% and you're a credit to the very fabric of game management. You're the type of people who are stewards of the land and will ensure that generations to come have quality managed game areas. By passing on samll bucks, you're helping the herd grow by ensuring that the best genetics advance as nature intended.There was a guy on there who said I've been kicked off other sites, wrong, this is the only one I've ever belonged to. He even gave my assumed name? How did you conjure this up? Anyway, read back through the responses and figure out who was more civil, meor theposts against mine?One guyleft a post on here sayingthat hedoes not want trophy bucks around in plentiful numbersbecause hunting them would be no fun because there would be too many. How cana guyargue withmentality like this?A few guys left comments saying that shooting does is worst than shooting bucks because doesgive birth to bucks. Before typing such nonsense, please at least take the time to google the concept of QDM and read thewritings of wildlife biologistsfor yourself onhow it improves the deer heard and also reduces crop damage.Uninformed people just make things up and write them, I don't get it? Derek, Guilty as charged, I am an arrogant SOB, what can I say,I'll always be that way I guess?I don't have the patience to *****foot around on issues. When I see a guy driving his fork horn around on his truck for three days in warm weather until the meat goes rancid whilestopping at bar to bar to brag aboutit makes my blood boil. Why wouldn't he do that with a doe? But, he won't because it's a BUCK as smallas it may be. This is the type of thing that we've all seen. This type of activityisan extreme example/mentality of whatmost people are defending here.The base argument for QDMis such a sound one that sometimes I can't believe that more people don't realize it--just because you shoot a small buck does not make you more of a manso why not just shoot a doe for meat? If you wait, you will harvest bigger bucks period! That's the base problem and it's ingrained in peopleand they can't change.I proudly announce my opinion and I really don't care who it bothers as it's fact.I won't ever let someone whoshoots little buckshunt on my land. There have been several good posts in response to this thread, yours being one of them Derek; however, 85% of the posts have been frompeoplewho will just never get itno matter how the argument is drafted and I only say that after reading through some of what was posted based on their merit (or lack thereof). Good luck to you too Derek, I can see you'rea man of reason even though you disagree with my methodology. Heck, I disagree withit myself from time to time.To all of the people who asked to see my deer over and over again, well, it does not really matter. I didn't come on here to brag, I came on to talk about factual proven game management which most of you dismissed because you're just misinformed. If you must know, I've taken 9 pope and young deer. I have not taken a buck in three years, I've taken 6 does in the last three years. If youinsist on seeing some of my deer, I have a camospace page, Englishbowhunter is my account name, go on there and friend request me and I'll answer you on Monday after I get back from my hunting trip and you'll be able to see some of my deer. Any of us hunters who own land or haveleases don't want guysthat shoot little bucks next to us. That'sjust a fact so deal with it I guess?Oh, I must say that I laughed at the guy who took a picture of his own ass and then put a hat andlips on it, it was creative at least butyou might want to think about laying off the cheese burgers for a while. If just one of you decide to raise up your goals this year and take the challenge then this post was worth while. Let the little1.5 year old bucksthathave nosurvival sensego and let them grow!
This guys freakin' awesome!

I couldn't help but laugh.. and laugh.. and laugh.

Also.. which one of you is Derek?

Dopler.. you may never read this. But you are just as misinformed as any I have ever met or read on the subject of game management and whitetail genetics.

But kudos to you big man.. for giving me a good laugh today.
Im Derek.
pg.8 post #73 is what hes referring to.