HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No More Small Bucks!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Pa Trophy Man
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No More Small Bucks!

Handles-

Pa Trophy Man Are you suggesting that bucks don't get any bigger than the typical 6 point 1 1/2 year old?

How about if the reason why your bass are only 12" maximum in your local lake is because anything that is 12 1/4 is promptly killed? Would thateventually damper your enthusiam? Would it make you think of trying fishing in a different lake for a change, or perhaps asking the DNR to change bag/size limits on your lake? Would you ever want your son or daughteror perhaps grandchildren to have the oportunity to catch a fish larger than 12" if they would like to?

Our problem is that as a species we are greedy, we take take take, we want want want. Thank God for people likeRoosevelt.Very few people can see the big picture, can look at the past and present admit mistakes, and try to improve thing for themselves, others and the future.
I am not sure where i suggested that any buck will grow beyond a 6pnt. If it sounded like that it certainly wasn't my intent. What i am asking is if tommorrow you woke up and whitetails suddenly no longer had antlers at all (no health reasons or etc. - just a hypothectical situation) would you give up deer hunting altogether? Would you still find the same sense of enjoyment in hunting?? The point i am trying to convey is - what man has the right to de-mean another for feeding his family or just being content with shooting any deer whether that be a button buck, doe or 135" ten point. I don't kill the first buck i see all the time but i am not going to let some ass-clown like dopler make me feel bad because i shot a buck smaller than is socially acceptable in his eyes. Hunting is about tradition, spending time with friends/family and personal enjoyment - not just the size of the animal shot.