HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone fly w/Delta or Continental this season w/a bow case?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:12 AM
GrayDawg
Fork Horn

Default Anyone fly w/Delta or Continental this season w/a bow case?

I'm flying out to Nebraska on Sunday with Delta & coming home on Continental. I'll be checking in my bowcase. While it will be well below the 50 lb. weight limit, I'm wondering if the length of the case will subject it to being classified as "oversize" and costing me more money?

Has anyone here flown with Delta or Continental yet this season? If so, how was your bow case viewed with respect to being oversized or not? My case is a Kalispell Aluminum single bow case. It's 24 lbs. empty- will be about 35 lbs. with my bow, arrows, quiver & some other accessories in it. It measures 6"x16"x43".

That said, I am fully aware that the airline industry is filled with the biggest scumbags who'll screw you over every chance they get. In my book, the airlines rank right up ther on the "scumbag scale" with those in the music industry & telecommunications industry.

Also, I'm fully aware of the fees associated with the number of bags per passenger for both Delta & Continental. I just would like some information based on firsthand experience (this year) with Delta or Continental with regards to checking in bow cases and any additional "oversize baggage" fees associated them.
Thanks,
Rob