HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 10-26-2008, 05:35 PM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Congrats on the buck Dave! That's a GREAT buck! Congrats!

Jason - keep your nose on the grindstone bro.

16 - any action in PA?

This weekend was a bust for me, but I'm 100% certain that an opportunity at redemption is coming soon. As a lot of y'all know, I went hunting on Saturday- drove 2 hours to my area - and realized when I got there that I forgot my bow (at home). [:@] That little faux pas, on top of the bad hit last week, really made me feel like the deer gods were working against me.

So, I made chicken salad out of chicken $*@#. Scouted all day Saturday, and finally blazed a trail into an isolated ridge top that I located in March. The place is definitely one of the best looking bottlenecks I've ever seen . . . Absolutely loaded with scrapes and a few hammer rubs.

I made a bit of a mess of the place yesterday, cutting my trail in, clearing out a tree to hunt from (thick as pea soup, very few climbable trees). I trimmed a few lanes and gave myself some openings for the rut. I have the utmost in confidence in this site. This place is absolutely on fire right now. (above the swamp, Danno)

Today, I struck while the iron was hot, but came up empty. There were deer in there freshening up their scrapes between when I left yesterday and this a.m. So I must not have stunk up the place too bad.I was a little nervous about hunting there, with the residual scent from yesterday, but I wound up seeing 2 yearling bucks, 2 does in 4 hours.

A couple pics:

I wasn't going to be able to hunt again until next Saturday, but I got a call from the firm today, advising that the document systems are down until noon tomorrow, so I'm going local for a couple hours. Heading into an old faithful area, so hopefully I can get a break.

The Dark Horses are going to repeat. Mark it down.