HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - climbing stand
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 02:06 PM
chrowski
Fork Horn

Default RE: climbing stand

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

I use both, but probably hang on's more than a climber now.

I have 6 Remington .300 mag hang ons and they are nice stands for the money. I paid like $45 shipped from Sportsmans guide about4 yrs ago, and they are big stands and have a footrest. Pretty comfortable for a 3-4 hr hunt, then your butt wears out like most hang on stands with a fold down seat. I hang them and leave em for the season.

Last year I invested in what I feel was a great tool for me. The Millenium hang on. It has an incredbly awesome seat that you can sit in dawn to dark if you wanted to (and its easy to get out of). It also uses a hanging receiver block that you put on the tree....then you just slide the stand into the block when you get there. This is great for3 reasons.

1. You only need 1 stand
2. You don't have to leave your stand up if you are hunting an area that you are worried about doing so.
3. You are portable quickly, you can climb down with your stand....and roll to another and climb up and hunt.

I purchased 10 receivers, so now I have 10 potential stand sights....and only had to buy 1 stand. Check them out....great stand. If you google....you can find wholesalers and get them alot cheaper than Cabelas and others.

I also bought a bunch of their climbing sticks.....they are nice, 20' and have pegs that you cant slip off of.

Mike
The millenium is my next tree stand!! I've been looking at them and thinking about asking santa. I hunt public lands so countless receivers isn't the name of my game, but I REALLY REALLY like the fact that you reach around the tree supporting only the weight of the receiver, which should result in alot less noise and alot less near death experiences trying to strap the stand around the tree (I have an old, heavy portable that gives me alota trouble hanging)

WV hunter.... $220 stand X 10 ($25 receivers)....you'd better like the treestand, lol.