HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - broadhead's??
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 11:18 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadhead's??

ORIGINAL: trailrider894

so i'm wondering people think of muzzys?? i'm thinking a lighter grain on maybe less than 100gr. i'm shoot a 40 draw weight bow. i have easton carbon e-tec arrows.

well my bow shoot's at 265fps with my current carbon setup. i can shoot accurately at 300yd's within a 4 inch area. and i bought some razorcaps just like the snuffers. i talked to the guy the shop he told me to keep my current easton e-tec 500 arrows. he re-fletched them and i got 3 new one's. so i am set for the rest of the season hopefully.
and

i'm shoot a hoyt banshee with a 29inch draw lenght and it is maxed out.
Now wait a minute, You say you're looking for BH's for a 40# bow, then come back with your bow shoots 265fps???? Sorry, not gonna happen...
Let's give you a little background here, A HOYT BANSHEE is a KIDS BOW, rated for 255fps, which is pretty good, but that's the IBO rating, and the's 5 grains/pound, and a 30" DL, but the BANSHEE I know of only goes to 26" DL. Which leads me to believe someone may not be being totally honest here. 265 fps ain't gonna happen out of that bow, no matter what you do, so let's get real, then we can make some realistic ideas and get some realistic advice. I'll give you some realistic advice, those RAZORCAPS are bigger than you ought to be looking at, you should be looking at a Magnus Stinger 2 blade type BH, SMALL diameter, and as was said before, you'll likely be getting 170fps or so, which means that a kill shot is only gonna be likely at close range, 20yds. MAXIMUM!!! And in ALL HONESTY, having UNDER 20ft/#'s of KE anyway I can slice it, that's not a bow that should really even be in the woods.

Not trying to bust your chops, but if you want good, HONEST, sound advice, you need to be HONEST and we may be able to help you.