HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - UV Killer?
Thread: UV Killer?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 09:36 PM
SpyderDaddy

Default RE: UV Killer?

Here's my 2cents. There are different qualities of UV lights out there that contain or do not contain certian spectrums of light. Some lights will give some things that orange glow that is not very visible to deer but may mask some blue glow you are looking for. I have a Walmart light that produces orange glow and a good one that gives me pretty blues. Try a better light or the one from the UV Killer site.

Having trouble killing that pesky glow? Your garment may have been previously washed with UV brightened detergent or have other additives on the fabric preventing satisfactory treatment. Try running your washer through 1 or 2 cycles with Sport Wash or similar product to clean out any UV brightner residue. Wash your garment with Sport Wash twice and line dry to avoid anything in the dryer. Apply UV Killer as directed. If that dosen't work, burn them and buy new gear. Just kidding, Could be some bad fabric.

Can't find UV Killer, join the club. Seems all the usual places in my area don't have any either( Wallmart, Kmart, Gander Mtn, or Dicks Sporting Goods). I had to buy some from the web site.

In my opinion, the stuff works. Last week, I bought a 3D head cover and did not check it for uv first. Several deer did the head bob and spooked. I took it off, put it away and doned my beanie with my face exposed. No more problems with the deer, had them eating all around me; even had a buck walk under my stand. I checked the cover at home and guess what? It glowed like a light bulb, just like the leafy stuff on the previous page.
Most camo doesn't need the treatment, some realy need it. Remember, most, if not all of the fabric, comes from places like China no matter who puts the print on it.

Happy hunting.