HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Screw in steps in NY
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 02:37 PM
buckdropper
Spike

Default RE: Screw in steps in NY

ORIGINAL: cnyguy

Geez buckdropper, you sound like the guy I ratted out to the land owner. TS......

I see screw-ins grown into trees because people are too lazy to take them out every year. Most likely they are too lazy to carry in a some type of ladder or climber, too.

Once they get old and rusty, the screw part brakes off in the tree when you try to remove them.

I lost one good hunting spot because people were too lazy or stupid to obey the land owner. I'm going to do my best not to let it happen again. If some DH wants to use nails or screw-ins, the land owner will be told.

Now i never said if you use them to leave them in the tree. I would as i would expect each hunter to do is to remove them when they are done with the stand for the season. I would never just leave them in. I would also ask the land owner if i can use them if he/she says no then i won't. I allow plenty of hunters to hunt my acres as long as they play nice. My only rule as to stands is not to build one, simply bring a climber or use a ladder stand or scew steps and take out with you what you bring in. It works out well. If you are in my area and need a place to hunt ask me i'll let you hunt you seem like a knowlegable responsible hunter and we need more of you.