HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New York Report
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 AM
elkhuntinut
Typical Buck

Default New York Report

Well I was out yesterday for the morning and evening hunt. The wind was a little more than 15 mph in the evening and had the deer down on the bellies where I was. Yesterday morning I saw 9 deer, all of which were does. I only saw one deer out of the stand and it came running in to stop under the nut tree for a small snack for about 5 mintues. On the way out blew out a deer near the end of the trail. Funny part, was when I was at my truck I heard some deer running and ended up just in front of the front bumper was mama and 2 fawns.

This morning it was pretty interesting. Saw a total of 11 deer, of which 3 were bucks. Had a 6 point and a 5 point within 10 yards. Gave ample opportunity for a shot, but holding out for something bigger. They were both doggin' a doe, but not hard. It was neat watching the two bucks establish who was boss. The 6 point upon seeing the 5, grunted twice and started walking at the 5 point. He only moved about 5 yards, turned and continued after the doe which was walking off towards the bottom.

So seeing 21 deer out of the stand and being that 3 of them were bucks, I would say was a good start to the NY season.

So, how is everyone else making out ? Seeing any chasing ?