HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed in new Slick Trick
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 PM
lou-lou
Typical Buck

Default RE: Disappointed in new Slick Trick

I have a set of mags 100gr., I ordered both sets in case something went wrong. We did a battery of tests today on different heads, 50 gal steel drum , 1/2 pressure treated plywood. We used both types of tricks and these heads called wac'em's. Never really heard much about these heads. Triton XL was there name. All heads survived without blades breaking, but penetration was a tad different, the grizz-tricks are 1 1/4 ,the mags 1 1/8 and this wacem was 3 blade 1 1/4. All out of the dream season x-force. The grizz's were loud of course but got hung up on the back side of the drum, plywood went 4in up the arrow other side, the mags went thru the drum just past the blades and about 9 inches thru the plywood. We were convinced that the mags were the best until my buddy got a UPS delivery. He stated he just bought some broadhead called a wacem and wanted to try them, so we did and wow, these heads outperformed them all hands down. I'm pretty hard to convince, these heads were as sharp as the tricks, flew quiet, and were accurate. Here's where they seperated from them , a complete pass through of the drum, and 20 inches thru the plywood, yup, a complete pass thru of the 50 gal drum, I could not beleive it, no blades breaking, it's dulled up a bit. All shots were taked at 15yards , 450gr arrow 28inch draw. I shot alot of heads and tested hundreds over the years, nothing has ever come close to what I saw today. I don't know much about these heads but damn, if it can pass thru a drum what's it going to do to a deer? Sorry guys I seen it and believe it, these wacem's or whatever they are called are tough.