HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - recommendations on any scopes?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
MichaelT.

Default RE: recommendations on any scopes?

It depends on your limit... if it is 75.00 flat, there is not a lot out there to choose from. I would look at stuff like the Bushnell Dusk and Dawn , Nikon Prostaff in the 100.00 range. You may also look at some Vortex scopes. I recently won a Vortex Crossfire 3-9 x 40 and while it is not up to the standards of my Nikon Monarchs, or Buckmasters or Burris's ... or any of my other higher $$ scopes , it is still very good quality and very clear.... It is sitting on the shelf in my gun cabinet, along with a few other scopes, because all my guns are scoped right now ( guess I need to buy some more guns ) , but I would not hesitate to mount the Vortex.I believe it is just under 100.00. On those in the 75.00 range, it would depend of the model... as far as brand goes.... Tasco, Simmons, or cheap bushnells are all about the same... six of one / half dozen of the other. You might get a good one in any of them, but there is an equal chance that you might get a lemon in any of them , also.

Find one that looks good to you , and try it. It is a chance you will have to take, but if your budget is limited .... then you have no other choice.

Check out www.theopticzone.com .... They have great service and are most of the time the lowest on the net.

Banner 3-9x40, Multi-X, IER, Matte

$75.00

Trophy 3-9x40, Multi-X, Matte

$89.00

Master ProSport 4-12x40 AO, Truplex, Matte

$89.00

ProStaff 3-9x40, BDC, Matte

$126.00

[/align]
[/align][/align][/align] [/align]Vortex VORTEX Crossfire 3-9x40 Rifle Scope, V-Plex Reticle (CRF-01P)
Item #: VOR-CRF-01P - Vortex Crossfire 3-9x40 Rifle Scope, V-Plex Reticle is ideal for Big Game, Muzleloader, and Slug hunting. With bright, 90 percent light transmission and a fast-focus eyepiece for quick target acquisition, Crossfire Rifle Scope makes quick work of dialing in for the shot that counts.
You can make big things happen when you take aim behind the VORTEX Crossfire 3-9x40 Rifle Scope, V-Plex Reticle (CRF-01P). Built to exceed the performance standards of similarly-priced riflescopes, the Crossfire riflescope is standing by – ready and more than willing to assist you with filling that tag. It is ideal for Big Game, Muzleloader, and Slug hunting.

V-Plex Reticle is the single best all-purpose hunting reticle intended for a wide variety of hunting applications.

With bright, 90 percent light transmission and a fast-focus eyepiece for quick target acquisition, the Crossfire 3-9x40 V-Plex Reticle Rifle Scope makes quick work of dialing in for the shot that counts. Waterproofing and fog proofing features neutral-pressure nitrogen purging for optics that will withstand the elements at any elevation. Fully multi-coated optics deliver edge-to-edge clarity for the details you need when taking aim. [/align]
[more info...] [/align]
[/align]
Availability: In Stock [/align]In-Store: $130.00 [/align][/align]Our Price: $99.99 [/align][/align]
[/align]

God Bless

MET [/align][/align][/align][/align]