HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed in new Slick Trick
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 PM
lou-lou
Typical Buck

Default Disappointed in new Slick Trick

I bought the new Grizz-trick with the hopes of it flying like the magnum 100gr 1 1/8 heads I had last year. Well it flew like a field point and very accurate, but it sounded like a B-52 bomber taking off after the shot. The whistle was very loud from start to finish. I thought it may be the arrow, so I switched, same results, I went out and bought some o-rings to line up the blades to the fletchings as best as I could, same results a loud whistle. I shoot a x-force 7 with a 3-71 acc arrow. I paper tuned it, and had the bow looked at, same results. I truly like the slick trick brand and wouldn't put anything else on my arrow, but this type of noise is unexceptable. I cannot put this head on my arrow knowing the noise it makes thru the air, while it may kill deer I am not willing to take the chance of a deer hearing this noise and jumping the string. I am not saying that this is a bad broadhead, it is one of the best made heads on the market, I just wish that they could do something about the noise it makes shooting it. Had no choice but to switch to another head that fly's with less noise, Wac'em 100gr triton XL flew quiet and flew like field points with the same cutting diameter. they outperformed the grizz-tricks much to my dismay, so they'll be on my arrows this year.