HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Luring out a big buck?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:08 AM
mdgreco191

Default Luring out a big buck?

First off let me state that I am new to hunting.

I built twopermanentblinds with my brother-in-law and put them on my father-in-laws hunting property three weeks ago. We are both new hunters and we just put the blinds in spots we thought looked good with out doing any scouting.
So this weekend I went out and sat in the blind we put way back in the woods. I did not see any deer the whole weekend. After I got out of my blind on the last day of hunting I decided to scout around. I found four scrapes that stunk to high heaven and a huge bedding area no more than30 feet from my blind. While doing this a DNR conservation ranger came up to me to make sure I was not a tresspasser because no one has hunted on that plot of land before. I showed him what I had found and he said he had only seen a bed that big twice in his life and that he had killed both bucks and they both were ten points.

So my questions are: Do I just have to wait him out and be patient? Do I need to lure him out with urine or someother type of scent lure? Do I need to lure him out with a call of some sort?

Any help is greatly appreciated!