HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How old till you take your children hunting with you?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:06 AM
pick00l
Fork Horn

Default RE: How old till you take your children hunting with you?

Just wanted to add.

My dad did not always take me hunting a lot when I was younger. He did however, take me scouting all the time. Also, took me for walks in the woods constantly in the fall with him. During the summer as well. This was very good as I loved learning about the woods and deer signs etc.

As I got closer to hunting age, I did get out with him a few times hunting. Also, my first two legal years of hunting in PA, he would take me every weekend for Archery, Rifle, and Powder and spend the entire time with me teaching me. He was not one to just tell me where to sit and come back hours later. I learned to still hunt really well since we never had a tree stand till much later in my hunting career.

I have a 17 month old now and thinking about how I am going to get him into it. I can not take him into the woods as he can not walk in them. He knows what a bow is, can blow the deer grunt, a crow call, and knows deer...when looking at mounts. I'm raising him red neck so....it's in him and can't be taken out!