HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Summit Goliath Climber?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 07:04 PM
1shotkill1993
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Goliath Climber?

ORIGINAL: MOHUNTER1977

I have the summit viper and you just hook your feet in the bottom platform and sit on the bar in the front and pull the bottom up towards you and repeat untill you are up in the tree, if you buy one they give you an excellent dvd on how to use it.I was the same way, really confused, but they are great once you get the hang of it. A word of cautionI would practice with it BEFORE you go hunting because it does take a little practice getting set up and using. I think the book says you can go down to 8 inch diameter tree but make sure the bark is not flaking off, but i dont see a problem using it ona pine you just might have to trim some branches on your way up, I have a little folding saw and a pair of pruning shears i bought at the hardware store and just trim the branches away so the climber will move up the tree
thank you very much for the info. so when ure climbing you just sit on the "shooting rest" and pull legs up. my dad has a grizzly climber and he has to do like a pullup everytime he goes up and down the tree looks very difficult