HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting with Mtn bikes?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 02:09 PM
smokpole

Default Hunting with Mtn bikes?

Just curious if anyone use' s his/her mountain bike for hunting?

I' ve got a spot up in the Blue Ridge mountains that' s best accessed by riding a bike down the forest service road. The road is about 5mi long and runs straight down the ridge and provides great access to some remote hunting areas. Most hunters just walk down the road a few miles and then find a trail leading off into the woods and end up hunting just a few hundred yds off the road. It seems that few of these hunters will walk all the way down to the end of the road and hunt that area. The road is closed to all vehicles including quadrunners. So, I' ve decided the best way to get as far back as possible and cut down on my " walkin time" is to ride my mountain bike down to the end of the road. This will put me in area that' s under less pressure from other hunters and yet I' m only a few minutes ride from camp.

I' ve mounted the " V" grips on my handle bars so I can carry a gun or a bow on the front of the bike, but now I' m tryin to figure out a way to pull a small trailer behind my bike. I' ve got a deer cart with dual wheels and a canvas bottom, now if I can just figure out a way to attach it to the bike, I can use it to haul out a deer should I be so lucky!

Anyone else use mountain bikes to hunt with? any ideas on how to rig-up your bike?