HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spider bull has been killed
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM
npaden
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spider bull has been killed

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

something you may want to consider with regards to everyone bashing your statements....regardless of what you say or how you say it..being a brand new member coming on her and testifying to what you have seen may lead many questioning your story.
However deeker's1 andonly post was on what heheard from other sourcesand many folks jumped right on that bandwagon bashing the MossBack crew and the hunter.

I see both sides of this story and think both extremes are a little out there.

On one side, this was a public land bull and many folks other than the MossBack crew and their hunter (including CAelknuts) had a chance to close the deal on this bull if they were able to find him. They did spend an entire month trying to close this deal, that has to say something about it being more difficult than shooting a penned animal. I know I would have had to quit and come home after a week.

On the other side, the guy did spend $100k+ on the tag and was payingto haveat least 6 other guys out there for a month helping him find and hunt this animal so that seems a little above what the average person would be able to spend in both time and money on a hunt like this.

Some folks are bagging on the guy for having the money to be able to afford to stay out there for a month and other folks are saying that he didn't put any effort into the hunt. How many of you have ever hunted a single animal for a solid month? How many have ever hunted for a month straight? I know I haven't.

Oh well, I don't think therewll bea winner in this argument!

I'm still happy with my 245" bull I shot at 8:00am on opening morning!