Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Spider bull has been killed >

Spider bull has been killed

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Spider bull has been killed

Old 09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Spider bull has been killed

Earlier this morning, Denny Austad (the Governor's tag holder), killed the Spider bull. He spent nearly an entire month hunting this great bull. Last week, they found him but Denny missed a 190 yard shot. Today, they closed the deal. While I can't believe they already have a good idea of his measurements, word is he grosses 500 4/8 and nets around 488!

Congratulations to Denny Austad and the Mossback crew!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spider bull has been killed

dang. I was still pullin for some kid who just lucked into him. Oh well.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 PM

I understand from SEVERAL sources that Doyle Moss and his guides camp on the animals. Have a great ability to have vehicle failures that block road access to other hunters, and persuade the animals to go to private land he has leased. In my opinion a VERY shady deal, at best!!!!!
He is NOT the most popular guide in Utah for his well known tactics.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

ooo well....I also was pulling for a young hunter to get him... I'm only eighteen, but when I helped my little cousin get her first little doe, it was the best hunitng experience ever.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Fork Horn

Deeker, your 'sources' are wrong. You come on here and trash the guy and his guides, and I'll bet you've never been around any of them. You might not realize it, but I spent twelve days hunting in the same area as them. I never witnessed anything like you're alleging. I did find a road blocked by a cut down tree, but the landowner did it to keep everyone off his property. They hunted their asses off while I was there, and for two weeks plus after the bow season ended. How is that camping on an animal? They hunted him for nearly six weeks, and a full month with the governors tag holder. And you come on here and trash these guys. The jealousy displayed by some people is really getting old.....
Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: CAelknuts

Deeker, your 'sources' are wrong. You come on here and trash the guy and his guides, and I'll bet you've never been around any of them. You might not realize it, but I spent twelve days hunting in the same area as them. I never witnessed anything like you're alleging. I did find a road blocked by a cut down tree, but the landowner did it to keep everyone off his property. They hunted their asses off while I was there, and for two weeks plus after the bow season ended. How is that camping on an animal? They hunted him for nearly six weeks, and a full month with the governors tag holder. And you come on here and trash these guys. The jealousy displayed by some people is really getting old.....
I agree. Better have proof when trashing anyone on a public site. Anyway, look 4ward to pics of the Bull!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

For those who are interested, good pictures are now posted on Mossback's website. You can view them by going to www.mossback.com
Old 10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just curious... what does "governor's tag holder" mean?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned

$200,000 can buy a 500" elk at least we know what the going rate is huh ?

I think the whole thing stinks to high hell to be honest and it make me want to puke
Old 10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

$200,000 can buy a 500" elk at least we know what the going rate is huh ?

I think the whole thing stinks to high hell to be honest and it make me want to puke
Where did the 200K come in play?

Quick Reply: Spider bull has been killed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.