HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spider bull has been killed
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 01:37 PM
CAelknuts
Fork Horn

Default RE: Spider bull has been killed

I always find it interesting to see how others debate a point, or subject. So often, when someone doesn't like another viewpoint, they start attacking the person whom they're debating. Sorta like the way a few of you are now doing on this thread. I always enjoy discussing and/or debating with other people (just ask my wife. She thinks I should have been a lawyer.) but really only when the other party puts some thought into what they have to say. Whena discussion degenerates into the gutter with personal attacks that don't have a lot to do with the discussion, it gets boring and off topic, and isn't worth continuing.

Realize, I have no vested interest in speaking favorably of Mossback or their hunter/client. They're not friends of mine, nor do I try tofollow them around and try to ride their coattails. I simply stated what I observed, as opposed to some others who 'heard' something. So often, that hearsay is from someone with an ax to grind or some other jealousy to vent, so they speak unkindly of others. Your best friend's mother's hairdresser's butcher might not know what he's talking about, but some of you seem to want to believe it as gospel.

Unless you've actually seen some of this stuff yourselves, with your own eyes, don't you think it makes more sense to withhold comment? I have tried to comment on what I've actually observed, rather than what I've heard via hearsay. No, I don't live in Richfield, Monroe, Koosheram or anywhere else near there. Ionly spent two weeks camping south of Manning Meadows Reservoir and hunting over much of the northern part of the unit. As for following them around, I did run into theirtrucks parked in areas several times, and when I did I always went somewhere else, usually at least several miles away. Contrary to what was said, neither was following the other around. Again, that's a baseless comment that was made without any basis in fact. If others would actually base their comments on direct expereince instead of hearsay, I'd give their comments much greater weight. At the same time, I'm not going to personally attack people with other viewpoints just because I don't agree with them or like what they say.

I don't really have much interest in continuing this debate, so probably won't have a lot more to say. Have a great day and fall!