HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spider bull has been killed
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
hillbillyhunter1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spider bull has been killed

As I've already posted, I would have liked for some newbie to have killed this one and I think if the mossback guys pulled any chicanery (blocking roads, etc) in order to eliminate competition, then shame on them.

What I don't understand "stealthy", is your overall objection. What's the difference between this type of deal and a guy who pays $5 or 6000 for a regular guided Elk hunt??? In either case the guides are doing much of the work, it's just that in this case EVERYTHING is amplified to the nth degree, but it's all really the same isn't it...just more of it???

What exactly do you disgree with?? The fact that there are these type of "special tags"???That some dude has the resources to employ a small army (as opposed to just a couple of people...like a normal fully guided trip)??? Obviously the guides see this guy as a meal ticket, but don't most guides see clients in that light???...the ones I know do.

If you were in this guys den and saw that huge Elk and he told you the story, wouldn't any hunter realize that it wasn't through his hunting abilities, for the most part,that hebagged this animal?? (althoughhe may have some ability...I don't know).

As long as nothing illegal was done here (and no bs was pulled by the guides)...it's still a fair chase animal that could have been killed by anyone. I know you have a point, I'm just not sure what it is, and don't know if it applies just to this situation or could be applied in a broader scope...and if that's the case then it may be a slippery slope.