HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funniest, moments while headin to or sitting on stand??
Old 10-01-2008, 02:02 AM
kodiakhuntmaster
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funniest, moments while headin to or sitting on stand??

This happened back in the "good ole' days" when I was 16.

I was hunting on a club that I was a member of when I felt the sudden need to "relieve myself". But not wanting to soil my nice hunting area I climbed down out of my stand and walked about 50 yards away. I saw an unassuming pine tree and began to make my mystic evolution. After a moment, I heard someone yell "HEY!!!" and I looked around to see who was calling. I didn't see anyone so I went back to what I was doing. Then I heard it again, "HEY YOU!" This time I knew where it was coming from. I looked straight up and saw a very angry older gentleman 20 feet up in the tree I was currently watering. I muttered a quick "sorry!" as I high tailed it out of there.

Now if that wasn't bad enough, when I went to my jeep to drive back home, I found out my 4 wheel drive was broke and my jeep sank deep into the red Georgia clay. After about an hour of trying to "rock" my way out of it I gave up and saw that I was just digging a bigger hole. Just then a large Silverado came down the trail, stopped, and the driver rolled the window down. "You stuck?" He asked. "Yes sir" I said, but I couldn't get any more out before he yelled "You're the boy that was taking a leak on my tree!", and he reamed me up one side and down the other before speeding off and covering me and my jeep in mud from his tires... A few minutes later, I saw the guy coming back. I thought maybe he had a change of heart was was going to help me out after all. He rolled down his window again and yelled "AND YOU LEFT THE GATE OPEN TOO!" and sped off again.

Luckily, about three hours later, after trying to dig my jeep out with a pine branch, another guy came back and helped me out. He said his name was Scott Shellnut from Atlanta (hard to forget that name) And thank God he came by, or I'd probably still be there trying to dig that jeep out. And I wasn't even the one who left the gate open!