HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funniest, moments while headin to or sitting on stand??
Old 09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
sr77
Nontypical Buck

Default Funniest, moments while headin to or sitting on stand??

Wanted to know if any of you have had any humorous or scary moments while walking to your stand. I will start with a story from last year. It was opening morning and I was going to hunt a stand right behind my parents house. I was all geared up and and had shut the two big dogs in there kennel (two big Malamutes ,180 pds.,125pds.) i walked up to the gate in the back and just as I got there my foot slipped in something and i almost fell....well as I shined my light down I soon realized I had stepped in what may have been a world record pile of dog sh*t. I am cursing at myself for not being more careful. I had to walk back down and get my other pair of boots on, as I pass the kennel i shine my light onto Denali and he is sitting there waggin his tail at me and lets out a bark. I swear he was laughin. 2 weeks later, same stand I am settled in with 7 deer in the Biologic, one being a buck I wanted to shoot. It is just starting to get light out and I am real excited with all these deer there. All of the sudden I hear the dogs near the gate just start howling, the deer were like see ya and took off through the other side of the field. Those two dogs sat there and howled and whimpered for an hour. I could not help but laugh a little. Turns out they busted the gate of the kennel open and were besides themselves they couldn't go where I had and let it be known lol. So lets hear some stories, I need a good laugh....

shane