HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Snort wheeze
Thread: Snort wheeze
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM
reds10ss
Typical Buck

Default RE: Snort wheeze

a cool story to add about the snort wheeze, the buck i shot last year did it twice and it was loud and i remember watching the drool fly out of his mouth when he did it, coolest thing ever. anyways i was wacthing a doe feed on some corn when she started looking behind her, 2 bucks came out in front of me. one was real wide and had white antlers, the other (mine) tall and tight with chocolate antlers, mine walked frombehind the other buck . as soon as they seen the doe tempers were flaring. the wide rack started rubbing on a pine tree and mine started making a scrape and gettin all puffed up with his ears pinned back. then the wide rack started scraping, my buck turned around, and the whole time im thinking im about to watch 2 nice bucks fight! my buck does a snort wheeze twice and pretty much walks the other buck off about 20 yds to my right. the wide rack buck had a lil better rack but mine had a huge body and i knew he was king of his woods. my buck started walking towards the doe when i finally let the arrow fly. he had his head up and was scent checking the air. the whole hunt was a really cool expirence, with the rubbing, scraping andgrunting, etc.