HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .204 for elk....
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM
ColoradoElk
Fork Horn

Default RE: .204 for elk....

Wow, you guys eat like kings!!! I buy MREs with the heater sleeves from Meyers Custom Supply, throw out everything except the heater, the main and the side, add an additionalfoil pouch of Bumblebee BBQ chicken to each "meal" for "dinners" and a foil packaged SPAM single for "breakfast" and can fit 5 days of food in a shoe box. The heaters last quite a while so while I am eating the main, I put the "chicken pouch" or SPAMin the heater and enjoy a tasty "treat" after I swish the "side", usually pears, around in my mouth. YUMMY!!! The heater sleeves are incredibly convenient when your fingers are so numb from the cold you could not light a stove anyway.With the MREs I don't need to pack a stove/fuel or dishes. I can eat in less than 10 minutes, there isn't anything to clean up and the meals are so compact I can easily pack enough to stay out in the field (where the elk are) the entire season.

I am incredibly excited about this year, and will be leaving in nine days, one day to hike in and find the bulls. Have everything checked, rechecked, packed and ready to go. The horses are lined up, rifle sighted in and just impatiently waiting fordays to go by!!!

Good luck to everyone hunting this year!

http://www.shop.meyerscustomsupply.com/main.sc