HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "Pro" said: "Blazers a waste of time." True???
Old 09-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Mikey S.
Typical Buck

Default RE: "Pro" said: "Blazers a waste of time." True???

I was always a 4" vane guy when it came to hunting setups. Shot that from the time I was 13, till I was 30. Once in awhile I'd get a bug up my butt to shoot feathers, but got tired or re-fletching arrows. A few years ago I tried the Blazers. Thought they did well, and then I tried the Quikspin speed hunters. They shot just at well, but were rather noisy, and pricey, and that led me back to the Blazers.

Now this year, the vane that has me turned on is the AAE Max Hunter. They are a much softer vane, very durable material though, as I've used their 4" vanes for years and years. But that little Max Hunter, a shield cut vane, same height as the Blazer, is consistenly shooting tighter groups for me out to 45 yards over my Blazers. They are shooting a touch lower, but I don't care about that. I'll take the accuracy and consistency. They are made with a nicer base to the vane too, and fletch a lot nicer for me. I haven't put them through a good broadheadsession yet, but the few arrows I fired looked to be good. I'll know more in a few days. Maybe I'll put up a review of them. I haven't heard to much of them on here, if at all. But the dudes on AT seem to love 'em.