HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - shoot ing from stands
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 PM
DoePeeSteve

Default RE: shoot ing from stands

Angles. Whether it's your form changing the angle or the angle you need to shoot to hit your target. Theangles are what's making you miss.

I did the same thing today, only I used my buddy's Archer's Choice Range finder, which gives you the distance of the shot with your calculated angle. I took mytarget out andlet a few arrows rip. Here are the details:

I had four shots/lanes. My furtherst shot was 28.9 yards, but my 20 yard pin was right on. I had two different spots at two completely different angles, but near the same distance. One required me drop 5-6 inches while the other required 1-2 inches to hit my target. Those ranges were 9.8 and 9.9 yards. Not much differences in distance, but the 5-6 drop shot was almost underneath my stand. The 1-2 difference in my shot was with a trail going up hill that brought the target closer to me on a parallel plane.

Easiest solution is to get your target out there and mark off distances, figure out how to use your pins at each site, then writethem down. Hope this helps.

No you don't need a range finder to do this... just a good buddy to retrieve your arrows. Thanks Ben!