Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shoot ing from stands >

shoot ing from stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shoot ing from stands

Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shoot ing from stands

Don't drop your bow arm to put your pin on the spot..instead bend at the waist until your pin crosses and settles on your spot.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

You also need to bend your neck, feel the bowstring with your nose...If you don't do this then you are in effect raising your rear "sight" and will shoot over every time...

Do you use a peep??? Do you use a head net??? Sometimes the head net will keep you from feeling the string with your nose...If you don't use a peep, either put one on or put 2 nocks on, about 4 inches above the arrow nock and about a half inch apart...Thenyou can center the pins between these nocks...You might have to work with moving them a little to help center...

Also...Make sure you are wearing a body harness...Many of us just aren't comfortable 20 feet up in a tree...That's why we have a tendency to keep our back close to the tree and just drop our arm and not bend at the waist and get our head down on the string...

Finally...Make sure that your broadheads fly to the same point as your field points...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me, the equation is simple. Get in the treestand and shoot from it....adjust your sights if necessary to make sure you are hitting exactly where you are aiming....then you are ready to hunt from elevation.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Definitley shoot from your treestand. Even if you have to changeyour sights do so, b/c I beleive confidence is a big part of this game and knowing you can put them wher eyou want when in your stand will make a much more enjoyable hunt
Old 09-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

one more question... most of the tree stands that i hunt out of are two man stands with an unmoveable rail because their camp stands for two man hunts(or more comfortable hunts for those big ppl like me) this also poses a problem because its hard to bend at waist because i tend to hit the rail bout half way down.. any help??
Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 PM

practice from it, and just hold low.
(make sure you know where your hitting though)