HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Drizzu213

Default RE: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

Ok this is the way i see it....scent lok is a waste of money! The purpose of scent elimination is to eliminate scent. Why spend uber big bucks on clothing with carbon in it?! You can eliminate scent simply...all you need to do is shower in unscented shampoos, wash your clothes in unscented detergent(I use the hunting stuff, but you can just use baking soda), and store your clothes in a bin, away from smells. Furthermore, don't use scented deodorant or anything that gives off a scent on you. There ya go---no scent!!!! I don't play the wind and never will. I have had deer come in from every direction imaginable--they are unpredictable! If i have made every precaution to eliminate that scent then i should have nothing to worry about. The deer may still smell me but thats part of the game. Here is the only point i need to bring up---people that wear scent lok suits still get smelled! It doesn't matter what you do---deer can always smell you. Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. If the scent lok suits were worth the money nobody would ever get smelled while wearing one! Thats my point of view. We should stop supporting people that use our sport to put money in their pockets. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these are bad people! However, they obviously see an easy way to make money by taking advantage of people dedicated to a sport so profoundly that they would wear a suit of carbon to avoid being smelled! Thats how i see it...thats my ten cents worth
If you don't play the wind your chances of ever shooting a nice buck with a bow are slim to none!