HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Orange Tape
Thread: Orange Tape
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 02:08 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Orange Tape

yes sir Jeff....never public land(could be something valid, but not usually so they do get a free pass from me there) but everywhere else its places i have permission to be and i always make sure the land owner wont miss the flagging tape and tacks. its litter. if you need it to find your stand, well...i'll know whose tape i took down opening morning when they are stumbling around. its an eye sore...not my property....but i havent had a land owner tell me not to remove them yet. most of the time its guys that have no business being there, let alone littering on the property. most of my land owners are older and dont hunt or make it much farther than their garage....oh...and 1 area does have a walking trail...we have permission to hunt but we leave them up....nice easy, marked trail for someone new on the drive....and it has a valid use and isnt marked every other tree...

i also know boundries pretttty well and wont take them down from there either..just incase they are vaild...i spend more hours in the woods around here than most anyone...if im not deer hunting im scouting...or coon hunting..or turkey hunting...or groundhog hunting etc etc etc....im out there ALOT...

im not a idiot that walks around doing it to screw other guys or ruin their hunts or take down boundry markers or anything of that nature...if you cant find your way into your stand, thats still no right to litter. unless you own the land...but in every instance, the landowner didnt want them and never knew they were there...."id be happy to pick up all that trash for you"