HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sometimes I need a good kick in the arse..
Old 09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Double Creek

Default Sometimes I need a good kick in the arse..

The last few weeks I've been broadheads only... The crappy thing about shooting broadheads is they let you know that you aren't nearly as good as you thought you were I've been struggling a bit lately with form issues. Sloppy releases, dropping the bow arm..... Last night it came to the boiling point where every other arrow was hitting 6 inches to the left at 20yds..... I was pissed... Frustrated, you name it......

Then out of nowhere a little voice in my head said "push pull idiot" DUH! At that moment I realized I had spent the last 3 weeks shooting without doing any pushing and VERY little pulling..... About 10 consecutive bullseyes later I'm patting myself on the back for being such a good shooter. [8D]

The point of all this? Just reminding some of you how vitally important the push/pull is to good shooting... Broadheads do not lie, they show imperfections not picked up by your fieldtips..... Don't wait until the day before season to try them out!