HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 16 - Widow Makers
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM
olsplittoe
Spike

Default RE: Team 16 Thread.

Yes I know I committed a crime, but.... Any excuse isn't good enough I know. Thanks to lightning we lost phones, modums, computer,moniters, and thefour in onecopy, print, scaner, and fax. Should have that one next week. Then you will get the pic,s. I'm just glad the house didn't burn down, been thru that before.
The buck was a 2.5 year old according to the teeth. The rack as I said earlier was a small basket, I'd be suprised if it scored much over a hundred inchs if that, but he was still in full velvet. This was again the first buck with a bow other than a spike last year, so to me it wasagreathunt.
This hunt also took place in a new spot on new property, so if I can just wait till the rut starts, but you know that if Mr.Big steps out the shaft will be loosed. But now I've drawn first blood I can start to load up on the doe's. We have an open season for doe's in the county I live in, and season opens this Saturday. I've had great luck over the past few years and have taken at least five deer per season.I see no reason this year wont be at least as good.