HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 09-09-2008, 07:39 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

Al - I have an addy on you: P.O. Box 403 - is that right? I'll mail out those broadheads as soon as I can figure out some kind of packaging system that won't cause the postman to lop his arm off. Nobody wants a one-armed postman.

Oh, and no. Those deer aren't huntable. Well, they may be. I've never hunted that area before, or asked permission. Just out testing a few new areas, seeing what type of buck quality is out there. I usually have pretty good luck with getting permission, so I could probably wiggle myself in somewhere in the area if I made a good go at it.

Jason - we used to do the spongebaths at my camp.We do have a shower stall, but allwe have is gravity-fed water with no hot water tank. We upgraded to the shower bags, and just heat pots of water on the stove. You will have no stove, but presumably it will be fairly warm inside the camper, so you could just fill the bags in a stream, then let them sit all day inside the camper to "warm up." It will still be chilly, but better than nothing. The downside with these things is that you need a place to hang them. It might be easier just to spongebath in a plastic keg bucket or something.

Cheap solution, if you don't mind a little cold water

Marty - sounds like you're doing your homework, buddy. I really like your odds this fall. I feel your pain man, b/c for years around here (before antler restrictions), shooting big deer in PA was a fruitless exercise. You know what's realistic for your woods.

Mike - You boys must've had a great weekend. If it's possible, even your post sounded hung over. LMAO Nothing like coming home and still smelling like a brewery 2 days later, and stinking of exotic dancer.

Daniel - when does your season open? Hey man, not to put the cart ahead of the horse or anything, but make sure you read the rules for posting pics/score of your deer. I'm 100% sure you're gonna fill your tag. Just make sure you meet the requirements for taking the score photo. Deer/hunter/bow all in picture.

Danno - 4 days to go, buddy. I wish my season was that close!