HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

Daniel, like Al said- the regular epoxy from the hardware store will work. Unfortunately, you never know how an adhesive is going to stick to a certain material/surface until you just try it. For example, certain fletching glues just refuse tostick to certain types of shafts. If I were in your shoes, I'd glue one and test it. If it works well, then do the other 11 after you're satisfied with the results. That way, if it's a no-go, you only have one arrow to clean up.

I got out last night and shot bow for the first time in a while. The new arrowswere great - and I got a pretty good flight out of them, despite the different shaft diameter and me not moving the rest at all (yet). Unfortunately, I put on a muzzy practice tip, and was 6" low left (consistently) @ 25 - so I have a little bit of bh tuning to do. Ugh.I totally hate screwing around with that stuff. Too much like work. Instead of fixing it, I just cursed at it and put it away. Even the dog got sick of all the heat and complaining, so he wanted to go back inside. I followed.

You wanna know what's amazing? How many old broadheads that one person can amass in 15 years of bowhunting. I keep giving them away, and I still must have 10 zillion old heads floating around inside my bowhunting tacklebox. Do any of you guys shoot Muzzy 100 3-bladers? (not the MX3's, but the original ones)

So I went somewhere I haven't been in years to buy my outdoors supplies WAL-MART. That place is Ghetto, there was some heffer walking around in he PJ's and slippers.
This made me laugh. Ya, not much in the line of eye candy at Walmart. I was there not too long ago, and missed an opportunity to snap an awesome cameraphone picture of a guy rockin' a 1986 Camaro Mullet. That's some serious mulletude right there. He was in full strut.