HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
SouthDakotaHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

Wow Dan, sounds like you have a heck of a gig there
Honestly, I’ve really been thinking over the last couple of years about how I can spend more time in the field…. Of course nothing is ever good enough… But my dream would be something like:
1 week antelope hunting
3 weeks of elk hunting
4 weeks deer hunting
So that’s a total of 2 months (8 weeks) of PURE hunting Not sure how I’ll ever be able to get to my goal (right now I’m sitting at 3 weeks of paid vacation a year)? Would even be happy to just take 2-3 weeks off unpaid – but where I’m at now, won’t let that happen as I suspect many jobs probably wouldn’t…. So as far as hunting ‘time’, kinda stuck where I’m at right now.
When I was down in Southern IA, one of the guys I met wanted me to give him my resume…. Said they were looking for a IT guy just like me…. I dunno if that would actually get me any closer to my hunting goal or not?? Would certainly be in Whitetail mecca – but would loose out on some of the other stuff….
Plus I don’t know how the wife would like me using the excuse of big deer to move…. [8D]Or wait a minute, I have an idea.... [&:]