HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who shoots Hornady SST Rifle bullets?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 AM
CarpetBagger
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who shoots Hornady SST Rifle bullets?

I have been shooting their regualr SP flat based bulletout of my .270 lately. Very very accurate and perfect for my hunting world where nothing is over 80 yrds it seems. Flat based bullets seem to out perform in the animal under 100yrds from my experience.

The SST, as a boat tail can have some issues coming apart very easily on a short shot thus MAYBEhaving some penetration problems on a bad shot, but i havent heard many complaints. If you are shooting over 200yrds i wouldnt hesitate to try this bullet in your gun. Everything I have tried from HornadayI have been fairly satisfied with. I wont even mention the damage their SST slugs do on a whitetail...WOW is pretty much allI have to say!

I think any quality bullet you use from a quality manufacturer is going to perform above most standards. However if you hit a deer in the right spot with anything its gonna go down in a hurry regaurdless of who makes the bullet, scope, or rifle.