HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Review
Thread: Bow Review
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 07:38 PM
MJ1

Default Bow Review

looking for a new bow? Here are some brief reviews of my 8 favorite bows I tested. Most of you know the specs so I will just give my opinion on how they felt to shoot.
All these bows were shot at 60lbs and had all the accessories and a stabilizer
1. Bowtech Guardian. grip felt good, draw was smooth. I was surprised to feel a bit of vibration. speedy bow
2. Hoyt Katera, very smooth draw, 60lbs seemed easy. small vibration.
3. Bowtech General same as guardian but dead in hand.
4. pse xforce ss. this bow is little, 26 inches, draw felt like 70lbs, but it was dead in the hand. Holds nice at full draw. Fun bow to shoot due to the size and speed.
5. Ross Cardiac and G5 Quest 31 inch ax. both had smooth draws, dead in hand. nice price tag on these bows.
6. Parker Blackhawk, nice bow smooth and dead in hand. this bow is quick. nice price tag
7. alpine silverado, grip was kind of odd, draw felt like I was pulling less than 60 lbs. At full draw the bow felt like 95% letoff, very easy to hold. dead in hand
8. Diamond Black Ice. 60lbs felt like 50. very and I mean very smooth draw. dead in hand after the shot.

Diamond, parker and G5/ross were my favs. The diamond was the easiest to shoot. I wish it had a higher ibo oh well. Hope this review helps someone, I know it just made me more confused on which bow to buy.