HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WI AKC Lab pups
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 05:26 AM
Pheasanthunter41

Default RE: WI AKC Lab pups

What's interesting is this. I have spent a lot of money on testing dogs and numerous other things associated with breeding a litter. This is NOT a money making operation. In this case, I have a stud fee to deal with and because of how I had to price the pups to compensate for these expenses of being RESPONSIBLE, I'm having a hard time selling the pups. I'm in a well populated area and I get so many shmucks calling who simply ask the price and nothing else. I can tell they are calling a number of people and asking "how much"> As if that is the only concern.

I'm now forced to lower the price to sell puppies that are out of really nice hunting lines to people who don't have a clue what has gone into this breeding. These pups are now 9 weeks old and I have to get them into homes fast. So where has being RESPONSIBLE gotten me? There are people around doing nothing and breeding crap who sell pups like hotcakes with no regard for health or equally important, where the pups end up. They make a little money at it. I guess that's the way life is. I wouldn't go it any other way though, because that is the right way to be.

Saying I know my lines etc.... is a horsesh...t answer to reasons for not testing.

[/align]