HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Urban Archery
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 12:48 PM
crenshaw
Typical Buck

Default RE: Urban Archery

Ive been hunting in Northern Va for as long as I can remember. The urban areas hold a lot of huge deer. But there is some truth to whats said above. Be invisible to other people as possible, even though you have permission to be there, its best not to alert others of your presence incase they disapprove. I have had people do all sorts of things from calling the cops to harassement. One women was almost arrested, because hunter harassment is illegal in VA. Thank god the landlord hated his neighbor so he thought it was funny. When hunting look for funnels. That is the key. Urban deer get pushed around all the time. Funnels is where they always end up. Another key is the worse the weather the better, because people wont be outside milling around. Make good shots, i personally have had the swing set thing happen. Thank god it was on the property had permission and the owner thought it was funny. My friend had deer die leaning about against a neighbors Porsche. That guy didnt not find it funny. Another thing, dont spook them to much, they catch on quick.I hunt a huge farm too, but the urban deer tend to understand people alot better and will catch on to you fast. The farm deer dont seem to be able to pattern people as well.