HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - G5 Peep sight???
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 08:13 AM
mobow

Default RE: G5 Peep sight???

The "training" I THINK you are referring to is the result of string stretch. A new string (most anyway, but not all) will stretch just a little bit after it's "shot it" resulting in the turning of the peep because the twist has now changed. The way that is normally fixed is by twisting the string. But you're right, you don't want to twist it too much, because you effectively shorten the string by doing so, throwing your bow out of spec and thus....a tuning issue will normally ensue. A couple of twists, though, don't hurt anything. SOMETIMES those blasted peeps just will not line up.....IF you can get away with it, and still see through your peep comfortably, sliding it up/down the string will rotate it as well. But again, it's gotta be set so you are comfortable first and foremost. From there you can twist/untwist the string, move strands......and you're dead on, the quickest, simplest, and most often employed tactic I see is turning your loop so that it pulls square.

I myself am rather fickle, I don't want it "to work" I want it right. I want the peep and loop square, w/out my having to turn it. So, I take some extra time getting that peep squared up. Sometimes, that can be a real SOB...But, in any event, if your string has been "shotin," with a little work and some patience you should be able to get it square.