Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 G5 Peep sight??? >

G5 Peep sight???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Peep sight???

Old 08-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default G5 Peep sight???

Any of you guys use this particular peep? I am having a issue of mine (not a G5) twisting once I draw back. So I am needing to find something different.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 AM

Default RE: G5 Peep sight???

If your current peep isn't coming around fully, switching to a G5 isn't going to magically fix the issue.

Here are a couple options;

1.) If you currently shoot with a D-loop, have a new one tied on better than the one you currently have.
2.) If you don't shoot with a D-loop, have one tied on properly.
3.) Take your bow into a shop and have them put one half twist in your string in the direction that the peep needs to be rotated more towards. You may need to have your loop re-tied or adjusted after this.
4.) Purchase a peep aligner and shoot with tubing.

You can definitely switch to a G5 peep, but it isn't going to fix the issue you're currently having.

(This has all been said assuming you're currently shooting a peep that splits your string in two, not into thirds. If this isn't the case, a G5 peep may fix the issue.)
Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Typical Buck

i tuned my g5 to rotate by simply moving one strand after fitting the peep i drew thew bow (with an arrow of course ) and noted how far it twisted i then moved one strand at a time from each side until it twisted perfectly it took a couple of go's but now it is perfect and rotates to exactly where i want it
Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

If your current peep isn't coming around fully, switching to a G5 isn't going to magically fix the issue.

Here are a couple options;

1.) If you currently shoot with a D-loop, have a new one tied on better than the one you currently have.
2.) If you don't shoot with a D-loop, have one tied on properly.
3.) Take your bow into a shop and have them put one half twist in your string in the direction that the peep needs to be rotated more towards. You may need to have your loop re-tied or adjusted after this.
4.) Purchase a peep aligner and shoot with tubing.

You can definitely switch to a G5 peep, but it isn't going to fix the issue you're currently having.

(This has all been said assuming you're currently shooting a peep that splits your string in two, not into thirds. If this isn't the case, a G5 peep may fix the issue.)
mine splits into thirds....I dont want to go with tubing, maybe I will go have them put 1/2 of a twist in my string. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Typical Buck

switch to the g5 and tune it it works great
Old 08-28-2008, 02:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ozbowhunter

switch to the g5 and tune it it works great
ya, I might have to do that. I like the looks of them, and they have several sizes to choose from.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Wash....

IS this REALLY a good idea???
Old 08-28-2008, 04:40 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey Wash....

IS this REALLY a good idea???
Why wouldn't it be?

Old 08-28-2008, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeh I use the Fletcher peep alot like the G5 and love it!! Walt
Old 08-28-2008, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Wash:

I'm no bow tuning expert (hence my question)....and it just seemed that fooling with the cables (in my head) would be a last ditch effort. Maybe not....I honestly don't know. Does that not affect other things when you do that? Draw length? Draw weight? Twisting one without twisting the other a good idea? Does it not affect the things I mentioned when you twist cables?

Thanks! I'm trying to learn, here.

Quick Reply: G5 Peep sight???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.