HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb
Old 08-24-2008, 02:31 PM
early in
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

ORIGINAL: hillbilly archer

If it's used RIGHT.....it'll take 20 minutes to get to the desired height.

I'm giving a real-life review of what I think of this stand......not a one-sided "All hail LW" endorsement. If I use the sit and climb bar every time (of course I'll use it......some).....this stand becomes VERY "marginal". I'm trying to maximize the advantageous aspects.

Used RIGHT....the increments in which one could ascend would be very small.
Tell you what, why don't you use the stand as its intended too, wait more than 2 days of having it, maybe actually hunt out of it, get good with it and if you still think that it takes 20 minutes to get 20 feet, then I will tell you that you should just hunt out of a ground blind and sit in it and stay outof treestands altogether.

20 minutes? I could climb 60 feet in 20 minutes. I never said the stand is perfect for everyone and everyone will love it as much as I, but you are saying all this and you've had the stand what? 2 or 3 days? How many times have you climbed with it? Seriously? I wanna know. Did you really buy this stand or did you take the LW challenge where they will let you try out a stand for 2 days and return it and not pay anything? They do that you know.

This is no longer as review of a LW climber to me anymore, it is simply a guy that is misusing a product and preaching about this and that wrong with it. I'm not against Summit or any other treestands. I still have my old summit climber, I have 5 or 6 hangons around that I use a little, I'm not a LW salesman or anything like that, I just hate to see a bad review of a stand that isn't even being used right by a guy that obviously wants to find somethingwrong with his LW.
This echo's what I said, and I agree. I'll say this without BSing. Once at the base of my tree, I'll be secured to the tree, andup to the 20ft level and settled in to hunt, in no more than 15mins total time. The actual climb only takes 5mins.I have this process down to a science, literally. But I've done it more than a few times.