HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Define "High Fence"
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 PM
GR8atta2d
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Define "High Fence"

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Speaking of fishing, whats the difference between catching a state record largemouth in a 1 acre pond and shooting a buck in a 1 acre pen? Just food for thought.....

i still see it as high fence hunting
Sure the last guy to post steals my thunder (thanks Siman).. I was gonna ask... is fishing a farm pond fair chase?

We have 2 areas like that here.
#1 is Ravenna Arsenal, (You Know "Hole in the horn" was found just near here) It's a drawn area you have to apply, then you get like 1 acre to hunt, Guys killed Mosters there for years! Now it's mostly lesser bucks and does. Due to broadend opportunities and tags

#2 is a lake area where all the city folks water comes from, Meander Resevoir. It's a couple thousand acres maybe more fenced around the entire lake, no hunting, fishing, or access at all! It has a 6-7 foot fence all around the border. You can see deer there just driving by at noon on a 100 degree day!

Heck I know people who have hunted on bordering property who cut holes in the fence. This area is patroled regularly by DNR, a few years back a Game officer caught a guy fishing there, ilegally, the guy shot and killed the DNR Officer over fishing!!

Right now they are putting some new bridges in and there are tales from the divers of Catfish as big as men!

Imagine it's never been legally fished or hunted..would I go if somehow I was invited to thin the population? Without hesitation or consideration of this board at all!