HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funniest moment
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 08:19 AM
RugerM77.270
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funniest moment

I had been hunting about two years and hadn't killed my first dee yet. I was on a small piece of land and could see the nieghboring property which was a cotton field. Nothing had moved all day and I was getting ready to head home when I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I looked across the cotton field and 400 yards away I see this huge brown figure coming out of the woods and start feeding at the edge of the cotton field. My mind flashed back to all the old timers talking about seeing the biggest deer of there life and I start to freak I get my bleat and grunt out and decided I am going to try and call him over. The whole while I haven't even seen his rack yet. HE continued to feed but kept his head down and eventually went back in the woods. My hopes were crushed then he reappeared and total buck feaver sets in rapid heartbeat, hard breathing, shaking hands the works. After about five minutes he finally lifts his head up I see his rack and he lets out a loud and long MOOOOOOO. I then understood just how hard it is to judge the size of an animal at long distances. Needless to say it was a few years til I told anyone about that.