HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Urban Archery
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 02:38 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Urban Archery

might have to go low key and be unnoticed...that could mean going early and staying late...even wearing civilian clothes in and out of the woods...(youll find some people in urban areas DO NOT like hunters or want to see dead deer, or a hunter etc...)

gotta watch about gutting deer, and when/where you drag them too...

lots of worries with the neighbors...even if you have permission and are legal, they can ruin things if they want...weather its harassment, cops, etc...

gotta make the shot count and put the deer down quickly...dont need it dying in someones yard...

i also noticed that the deer seem to have the PEOPLE patterened...i hunted an orchard...from dawn till 8-9 oclock its noisy...people going to work...kids going to school...news paper delivery, garbage trucks etc etc etc...after all that the deer started sneaking into the orchard...it was wierd...so keep that in mind...

also keep in mind that if pressured, they will likely be REAL close to houses...once our gun season starts deer lay right in the backyards for refuge...

ive also encountered people, people walking dogs, people riding ATVs, kids playing in the woods etc etc...

just gotta be smart and it can be a gold mine...