HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gray Wolf Woolens? What's the fuss all about?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:11 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default Gray Wolf Woolens? What's the fuss all about?

[align=left]I hear so much about this Wolfskin clothing... At least once-a-day, somebody refers to it as the gold-standard in hunting clothing. It's great, it's the second-coming of Jesus, it's this, it's that...Everybody else seemingly accepts this as gospel,so I had to see for myself.

Like any Curious George, I clicked my way across the internet planet and arrived at "Gray Wolf Woolens," fully-expecting to be greeted by streets of gold, rainbowsand champagne flowing from the heavens. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Let's just say that my reception was less-than-expected.

Forgive me in advance for questioning the authenticity of the accolades that I've read over the years on here, but what the hell is so great about this stuff (other than the price)? Do these people own stock in the company, or is it really THAT good?

[/align][align=left] The Fendi of Hunting Clothing

I've looked at their site, and honestly - the clothes look quite average.100% polyester, with a rain treatment. They almost look like your garden-variety BDU's. No stock scent containment. Custom-cut to size.Uber-expensive.Seriously - these are Dolce & Gabbana prices. We passed right over "expensive" andquickly entered the realm of "absurd."

Maybe it's bad pictures... Maybe it's the fact that they offer the Predator patterns... But either way, I just can't see what makes these garments even approach beingworthy of theirobscene price tag.

Is "custom" sizing that important? Cabela's hawks pants in every conceivable size known to man. It might take me a few tries, but eventually, I will find a pair of pants that fits perfect, without having my clothes tailored or dropping 4 bills on a pair of camo pants.

Have you guys ever even seen this mythical Wolfskin clothing in person? What the hell makes it so great?

For the price of a pair of pants, I feel like they should automatically detectthe fill level of mybladder, then unzip and gently lift my Johnson out of my whitie tighties,and finallytuck it back in when I'm finished.

Seriously - you're looking at $1000 for a winterhunting outfit. Want Scentlok? Get out your checkbook homie. That's extra.

$329.95 Seriously. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php?cat=19 [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Maybe I'm nuts - but it just doesn't seem economical to be blowing that kind of bling on a hunting outfit. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Is it a "pride of ownership"thing (like a Rolex watch) - or is the on-field performance actually sufficient to warrant the price tag?[/align]